Heartbeats~ Soul Stains

Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!
As I sit here in my very quiet house, which is rare.... I am reflecting on the day I've had and the day we've had as a family.
It was a hugely busy day, getting everyone where they needed to be and YES I went to therapy today.  We aren't a family big on buying expensive costumes, we kinda just throw things together and everyone seems quite happy.  We eat dinner, the kids do a little trick-or-treating and for the past couple years they have been walking to the end of our street and going to the church for a Harvest festival.  Lots of games, treats and fun food.  I grew up attending Kahului Baptist Church, every year we would have our Harvest party; so much fun so many great memories.  My kids always attended this event at KBC until we moved from the island of Maui to the island of Oahu.  I'm glad in small ways they can still experience similar things to my childhood.
My sweet husband had to work late and didn't make it home in time to see the cute little trick-or-treaters stop by the house or to see our littlest one so excited to dress up and carry her pumpkin around.  It's such a humbling thought how much he does for us and how much he sacrifices for our happiness.  I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to be with the kids on a daily basis and be able to get them where they need to be (we are so busy with so many different activities).  His hard work is also blessing me with the gift of actually having the time to be able to come to grips and face the things I have been through.
Halloween came and went very peacefully in our home this year.  I'm sitting here in the quiet feeling blessed for all I have.  What a wonderful way to welcome November with a attitude of gratitude.
Follow my blog Heartbeats Soul Stains

2 comments:

  1. Love your "attitude of gratitude." Your daughter looks adorable in her costume, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to remind myself to be grateful. I love your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete